If you've found some place Weird on the Web, a site that in some ways
is just too Weird for Words, send us that
URL now! If you are incredibly egotistical and want credit for site
submission, just say the word, and I'll pander to your psychological dysfunction.
If you're looking for someplace to launch your Net explorations and the
sites below just don't give you the satisfaction, try Starting
Point. Unsurprisingly, it can be an excellent starting point. Know what
you want, but feel unsatisfied by the likes of Yahoo and Web Crawler? Try
Alta Vista at Digital, the best
search engine on the planet.
Member of the Internet
Al's Personal List of What's Weird on the Web
The Church of the SubGenius Online!
- Al's Most Recommended Link of Weirdness until Further Notice. Check
Out the Brain Toolkit and Surreality Reboot that provides for hours of
Pornological Dementertainment -- It's Better Than Life! Don't wait! Start
now enjoying the power of World Wide Slack! And order some stuff from the
best online catalog ever. Go Now!
- Addicted to Stuff
- Recommended to me by Hilly-Bob, whose own site (and that of her friends)
you can check out at http://www.yall.com.
Tremendous source of interesting stuff. Be sure to check out the Similarities Engine. It is a great service
to humanity. The Al Phlipp Web Site Review Oversite Committee has checked
this site out, and pronounced it acceptably loaded with strangeness.
- Relax. Sit back. Experience the cows. Another moment of Zen.
- Plenty of good links and stuff! Check 'em out! And how can you resist
a name like "Weird Weirdness?" Well, you can't, or you wouldn't
be here in the first place.
- The Kooks Museum
- Now, this is a good thing. If you're looking for Weirdness on the Web
and you haven't been here yet, you have to go. It's a wonderful place.
The Bitstream Undernet
(This is Random Noise)
- Good, solid, 100% wholesome American weirdness. Pleanty of good stuff
and sounds and things better experienced than described. Check out the
background patterns; they've got some good ones.
- World Wired Productions Music
- While weird isn't the word (it's a fairly mainstream site) this is
still an excellent location for music news and info, with chat rooms, message
areas, and lots of multimedia to experience along the way.
- The Pousks
(the link is up and working again)
- More evidence that musical inspiration comes from the benevolent aliens
that guide, to some extent, all happenings on our planet, here come The
Pousks, who are apparently renegade aliens that would like to express themselves
Son of Spamm
- You can't resist the strangeness. A perfect Al Phlipp link, son of
Spamm is a plenty strange (and cynically funny) webzine with lotsa lotsa
music, and some awesome graphics. Indeed, this is how websites should be
done. Check it out!
- More weird links than we've even had time to explore, so they are not
Al Phlipp Certified, but give it a look, anyway.
These following contributions were recommended to us by
Steve Cox, whose own page can be found at http://wspice.com/sig/scox.
Check him out, particularly if your into Todd Rundgren.
- News of the Weird
- If you would like some proof that not only are you not alone, you're
really not even weird, check here. Text-based and visually unstimulating
as of 12/8/95, and stories you find will fascinate you.
- Timothy Leary's Home Page
- What? You want a description? Just read the title again. I think that
tells you all you need to know. Take a look at his daily drug dosage, and
ponder how he remained alive as long as he did. Disappointingly, the on-line
suicide never came to be.
- Vomitus Maximus Museum
- Unquestionably strange and popular, Vomitus Maximus is filled with
unique and challenging art to expand your mental horizons.
Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator
- This guy is famous, even! This page is in the top 5% of all Web Sites!
You put in a name, a sex, and number of paragraphs, and it does the rest.
Most of the letters make about as much sense as any complaint letter I've
- EVIL Little Brother Excuse
- All in good fun. Another story auto-generator. You supply some good
words, and it does the rest. Something fun to do with a companion, the
results can be downright hilarious. Ha. Ha. It's just one part of Fellowbug's Laboratory, which is pretty darned
- Okay, yes, we've all seen things like this before. But some of the
insults are truly inspired, and some are just down right freaky. An appropriate
page, for someone like you.
- Automatic PostModern
- This is weird. There is no question about that. Hit it a couple of
times, and see if you can figure out what's going on. There's a lot of
other cool stuff there now, too.
- The First Online
Church of "Bob"
- How can you look for Weirdness on the Web without somehow ending up
at some time at the First Online Church of Bob. While it certainly doesn't
measure up to the First Book of Bob (The Book of the Subgenius), you can't
pass it by. It's the principle of the thing.
Not Quite Your Thing? Not Weird Enough? Too Weird? Then maybe
you need to do your own damned search! Might we recommend, Alta
Vista at Digital, the best, the fastest, the most powerful, the most
flexible search engine currently known to man. Or HotBot.
Got a weird, strange, goofy, or creepy URL of your own? Send
Return to Al Phlipp's Halfway-House-of-Pancakes-Now